Thursday, March 26, 2009

Norfork Lake crappie catch

Even though I have mostly been Striper fishing on Norfork Lake after dark I still have had time to do a little crappie fishing. The nice slabs were caught in 5 - 15 ft. of water. They are located over sunken cedar trees that I have placed in about 30 - 40ft of water. Your depth finder should show large schools of fish over them. The crappie are starting to move shallow, just look for fallen timber on the shore line, the fish will be close to it. I usually use a small plastic jig with a twister tail and 1/16th oz wgt. My preference in color is white or green.

If weather permits I will be heading out this evening for the Striper night bite. I have been fishing in the Diamond Bay area, but I think I will try Float Creek this evening. Most of my Stripers have been caught between 8 - 10PM. Wish I didn't have to sleep I could fish all night into the early morning then start working around the resort during the day time. But I guess I need to sacrifice somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment