Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report


Norfork Lake fishing is still in full swing in the heat of the summer. Live bait as well as vertical jigging is working really well. Most of the fish that are being caught are in the Diamond Bay area to the dam. Both early morning and the late afternoon bite is strong. The Stripers, hybrids and whites are schooling and once you find the school hold on for a lot of fun. I fished this morning with two of my guests. We fished the dam area in 45 - 70 feet of water off of main lake points. Today I found a huge school at around 6:45AM and it was nonstop action for about 45 minutes. Then I lost the school and couldn't find it again. I fished a few other areas and caught several small whites. We ended up catching white bass, hybrid bass and stripers. These were the first stripers/hybrids these guests have caught on Norfork Lake. I also fished Sunday morning in the same area as today and ended up catching 2 nice 9 pound hybrids. Cody is much more photogenic than me.

Nothing new on other species. I will have better info later.

The Norfork Lake level is still falling slowly and sits at 550.96. The Corps is running one to two generators sporadically during the day. The surface water temperature was in the high 80's to low 90's. The main lake is clear and the coves and creeks are slightly stained.

Happy fishing and hope to see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment