Friday, July 3, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

The fish are still biting and top water action is active at sunrise and sunset on Norfork Lake. I went fishing yesterday morning and caught two nice hybrid bass. One was 8 pounds caught on my top water Zara Spook, the other was 7 pounds caught on a 2 inch "Baby N" crank bait. I was fishing the Robinson Point area close to the Big E. A couple of guides were fishing with live shad closer to the island. One limited out by 7:30AM and the other landed an 18 pound striper. The striper bite, white bass, Kentucky bass and largemouth are still active back in Bennetts area as well as outside of our cove. The fish are coming up in the main channel and some are suspended in 20-40 feet of water. The fish are in transition, but soon they will all be down around 40 feet. One of our guests has been fishing back in the Bennetts area with live shad. Today they caught over 20 fish, 3 were stripers, one walleye, and the rest were white and largemouth bass. They had a great time fishing and enjoyed their time swimming in the pool and lake this week. We enjoyed having them here at Hummingbird Hideaway Resort. Seeing our regular guests return year after year reinforces that we are doing what we need to do to keep them coming back.

The Norfork Lake level is being lowered by the Corps. They are running 2 generators most of the day. The lake level currently sits at 560.56. The Corps forecasts the lake to be at normal pool by July 26Th. The Norfork Lake temperature has dropped slightly over last week and is in the low to mid 80's. The water is clear with a slight stain in the creeks and coves.

No pictures or fishing for me for a week. My boat is rented out and my daughter has taken my camera for a few days. I will keep you informed with the information I get from my guide friends and fishing guests.

Until next time happy fishing and have a very happy and safe 4th of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment