Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report


I finally got out fishing on Norfork Lake after our big winter event. We had close to 10 inches of snow but it is almost gone after today's 45 degree weather. Tomorrow is supposed to be the same as today. Hopefully this is the last snow I will see this winter. I am ready for normal winter temps in the mid to upper 40s and the nights in the upper 20's and 30's.
I left the dock this afternoon around 4PM. I just wanted to check a few spots to see what was going on with the fish. Well the bass fishing is as good as it was before the snow. I found 4 largemouth bass over timber, I caught 2 at 16 inches, one at 18 inches and one at 19 inches. I also caught one crappie that was only 11 inches long. I caught fish on a 1/4 ounce crappie spoon and a 2 inch white grub tipped with a live crappie minnow. The fish were in the brush anywhere from 27 to 35 feet down. I only fished till the sun went behind the trees, then the air started to feel really cold. I guess I'm a sissy!! I fished on only two of the points with brush on them that are close to the resort. Hopefully I will get out tomorrow for a little longer period. Of course that will only happen if I get some more work done on the remodel project in cabin 3. We are turning a 2 bedroom and a connected one bedroom into a 3 bedroom 3 bath unit. I am currently working on the new living room and kitchen area. It should be really nice when I am finished.
The Norfork Lake level is at 552.79 and currently all generators are being run. The surface water temperature was at 43.3 both in coves and the main lake. Our cove is starting to clear, is still stained, but the main lake looks pretty good. I
Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment