Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Fishing on Norfork Lake at this time is outstanding. If you like to fish for striped bass, black bass and white bass then now is the time to come to Norfork Lake. I have been vertical jigging in 65 feet of water and am finding the fish stacked, suspended at 35 - 45 feet depths. The schools are so large that I can feel my spoon bounce off a fish as it is falling. Then all of a sudden the pole starts to bend. It has been amazing. After I limited out on stripers and hybrids I went to a nearby point and started jigging in approximately 30 feet of water. The whites, blacks and walleye are feeding on the bottom. I worked the same spoon I used for the stripers. I have been trying to release all fish that can swim back down, but some of the stripers are too stressed after coming up from 40 feet. The photo is of yesterday's catch. This morning I brought home 2 - 10 pound stripers and a 3 pound white bass. Linda couldn't get away for a photo op this morning. I have released over 10 fish each morning consisting of hybrids, whites, black bass and a couple undersized walleye. The spoon is working well. The live bait fishermen are also doing very well in similar type areas if not the same area.

The lake conditions are the same as last report with a slight fall in the water level.

See you all soon and happy fishing on Norfork Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment