Thursday, January 14, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Linda and I got home from our Collinsville Sport Show Sunday evening. We met several of our old friends and made many new ones. Overall the show was a big success. I will be at the St. Charles, MO sport show this weekend. If you're in the area please stop by and talk about the your vacation needs for this year and of course get the latest fishing report on the lake.

The weather has greatly improved on Norfork Lake and the future forecast shows it is only going to get better. The freeze is over, finally! I have fished the last couple of afternoons and have been successful in catching largemouth bass and Kentucky (spotted) bass. I have been vertical jigging with a small spoon and also casting a small grub tipped with a minnow. The bass have been hanging out in my sunken brush piles in 30 - 45 feet of water. My guest from WI has also been doing well with bass. He has had his luck casting a jig head tipped with a Gulp smelt flavored minnow. He has been casting the rock bluffs. The bass seem to be hanging on ledges where there is a drop off from 20 to 30 feet.

I fished awhile this morning for stripers and only had 4 short bites. I was marking plenty of bait fish in the 40 - 60 feet range with some occasional big arcs. No big bites today. I fished Float Creek and Panther Creek. The fish were there, but I guess I wasn't presenting my bait the way they wanted today.

The Norfork Lake level has fallen to 554.11. The lake surface water temperature ranged from 42.5 to 44 degrees. The main lake is clear and the creeks and coves are clearing somewhat, but still stained.

Have a great day and see you on the lake next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment