Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

The air temperature reached about 60 degrees today on Norfork Lake in the Arkansas Ozarks. You can't ask for much better for a mid January winter day. It has actually been in the upper 50's for the last 3 days. I hope winter is gone! Wishful thinking I think!

I arrived home the other day from another successful sport show. I was at the St. Charles, MO sport show with Robert Lee of Lee's Lite Line, a striper fishing guide on Norfork Lake. We met many of our old friends / guests from the area and made many more. It was really fun talking to people interested in the Norfork Lake area. Linda and I will be at the Tinley Park fishing show, south of Chicago, February 13 & 14. If you live in the area and have a chance come by and visit.

I went out pre-fishing with Robert Lee today. We graphed many areas and fished a little. Ended up not catching striper, but did have 4 short bites. We did get several nice largemouth bass in the 4.5 - 5 pound range and released them immediately.

I hope to be out crappie fishing over the next couple of days, so keep watching my report to see how I'm doing.

The Norfork Lake level is at 552.5, only 1/2 foot above normal pool. The Corps has slowed the generation so the lake is only dropping about 2 - 3 inches each day. The main lake is clear and the coves and creeks are starting to clear, but still stained. The Norfork Lake water temperature ranged from 44 - 46 degrees today depending on where we were on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment