Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report


The night bite for Striped Bass is still happening on Norfork Lake. I believe the full moon has increased the bite. I was fishing the Bidwell area last evening and ended up catching 3 nice Striped Bass between 12 - 15 pounds. The fish seemed to be short for their size. It looks like they have all been over eating. My first hit was around 9:30PM and the last was before 10:30PM. I had several other bumps. All fish were released. I was throwing my bone colored rogue and slow rolling back to the boat.
Some of my guests had a successful Striper trip. Sunday morning he caught 2 and lost numerous others all in the 20 pound range. One that he lost, as he was netting the fish, was in the 30 pound range. Monday morning he landed two, but the bite had slowed. He was free lining live shiners. He was fishing the Bidwell area.
The stripers seem to be all over the lake. I am getting reports that the night bite is happening in the Cranfield area, Bennett's area, Float Creek and down by the dam. The morning bite is also taking off. If you want a great experience try out the Norfork Lake Striper fishing.
The Norfork Lake level is rising slowly and currently sits at 554.86. One generator is being run. The main lake is clear with the creeks and coves cloudy due to last weekends rain. Last evening the lake surface water temperature was 54 degrees.
Have a great fishing day and see you on the lake.

2 comments:

  1. I have enjoyed reading your blog. It is up to date and accurate. I have been fishing the Cranfield area also, and the March night bite has been good. I have been fishing stick baits also. Looking forward to April!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hummingbird Hideaway ResortApril 2, 2010 at 10:07 AM

    Thanks for the info on Cranfield. What I have found that the bite is good one night then not so good the next. But I guess that's why they call it fishing.

    ReplyDelete