Monday, June 8, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report


Well, I ended up missing out on a good time this morning. I was just too tired (work interfering again) to go out fishing on Norfork Lake, so I slept in. Boy was that a mistake. My phone has been ringing non-stop with guides asking me how fishing was at my end of the lake. Of course I had to tell them that I slept in. The responses from all were "you messed-up". I guess the stripers erupted all over this morning. The live bait guides gave up on using shad and changed their rods over to Zara spooks and their clients had a blast. All whom I talked with limited out in an hour with big fish. I'm going to have to go without sleep, I guess! I did go out Sunday morning with no luck. I went to a location where I got into top water action on Saturday morning, but on Sunday nothing was happening. I left that area as the sun was coming up and headed across the channel and saw the fish coming up all over. The sun was starting to get over the trees, and as I got closer they all went down and did not come up again. What's that saying? Something about a dollar short! The fish are there, but they are moving constantly. If the fish aren't surfacing by six you better move to another location because by seven the sun's too high and the fish go down.
We have a couple of guests crappie fishing and they caught several nice crappies using minnows yesterday over brush in about 20' of water. They also caught a nice walleye in the same area on a twister tail grub. I haven't heard how their fishing was today.

The Norfork Lake level is holding steady at 562.4. Water temp is in the mid 70's. Water clarity is gin clear with creeks and coves clearing steadily. Two generators are being run about 6 hours per day.

I am definitely going out in the morning, hopefully I will have a success story to tell later.

Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment