Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Top water action is still active on Norfork Lake. Last evening I went out and bottom bounced a crawler harness. I caught all the blue gill that I wanted, but the walleye eluded me. When the sun started to set I moved to a main lake point near our resort. The whites, Kentucky's and stripers started to erupt as soon as the sun was low enough to be hidden by the trees. I kept this 8 pound striped bass and released a 10 pound striper.Both were caught on a Zara spook junior. (white/chartreuse) I also caught 6 medium size white bass. The stripers didn't stick around long, but the white bass kept coming up until dark. I headed out this morning before sunrise and sat on the same point as last evening. As the sun came up the white bass started coming up all over from shallow water to 80 ft of water. I caught my fair share, but decided to leave and see if I could find some striped bass. I went back into Bennett's and this time the Kentuckys were coming up near one point. I caught 6 bass with 4 that were 15 inches long. They do give a good fight. Again no striper. I headed home about 8AM since Linda wanted to go shopping. I guess this is only fair.

The lake level is rising slowly with the rain that we have had the last couple of days and is currently at 562.6. The Corps is running 1 generator about 12 hours per day. The water temp this morning was in the upper 70's and last evening it was in the low to mid 80's. The water is clear in the main lake and still stained in the creeks and coves.

Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment