Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beautiful spring day in the Ozarks

What a gorgeous day. I was able to go on a garden tour with a group I belong to here in Mountain Home, Arkansas. The more plants I see, the more I want! I have this problem with self control when it comes to things like that. I know I only have room for 10 tomatoes in my garden but I have close to 100 tomato plants started. I have flats of 5 different peppers but am only planning on putting one or two of each in the garden. Why do I do this? Who knows? I start several seeds in a 6 in inch pot, assuming that some won't sprout. When they all sprout, I just can't throw the excess away. I'll trade some plants, give some away and donate some to the Master Gardener group for their annual plant sale. I will get rid of them some way. I'm going to try really hard not to overcrowd my vegetable garden this year. Lou put new flooring in one of the cabins today. It looks really nice. I guess we'll be painting tomorrow. We ended up with a thunderstorm this evening so the trip to float creek for striper fishing was put on hold. We'll try to give you that fishing report tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment