Friday, March 27, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Well I didn't get out Striper fishing on Norfork Lake last evening as planned, the thunderstorms scared me off, but I have talked to a couple of guides this morning and the night bite was still happening. The guides were fishing the mid lake area, similar places that I have been fishing. They were throwing suspending rogues (same as I have been doing) and boated several good fish. It also sounds like the morning bite is starting to pick up as another guide is out now and has boated several and lost several on live shad. The morning bite should really improve with the rain that we have had. Can't wait for the top water bite to start happening.

I have also talked to some local fishermen who have been white bass fishing and have really been slamming them. They are back in the creeks in about 20 or less ft. Spooning was working for them as well as heavy spinner baits.

I forgot to mention that I have caught several good walleye during the night bite on the same rogues that the Stripers are hitting.

I hope to get out on Norfork Lake soon to catch more fish. My favorite pasttime.

No comments:

Post a Comment