Monday, March 30, 2009

Fishing Report Norfork Lake



The weather finally cooperated last evening on Norfork Lake. I hit a few of my favorite crappie holes and caught 7 in a short period of time. the picture shows a black and a white, nice size, but no monsters. Good for the frying pan. About 7PM I headed for the Diamond Bay area and parked myself on one of the points. The fish really didn't start to hit until about 8:30 and then I left about 10PM. I boated 4 fish and lost as many. How these fish get off after pulling drag on a lure that has 3 treble hooks I will never know. The water temperature dropped a few degrees with the big rain and cold evenings, but it looks like it should start warming again over the next week. I kept one 9 pound Striped bass (the one in the picture) for the freezer and released the others.


I expect the night bite for Striped Bass on Norfork Lake to last another couple of weeks and by that time the Striped Bass, Hybrids and Whites should start to school and push the shad to the surface and break water. It is an amazing site to see an acre of water start to boil. At this time I get out the Zara Spooks and start to walk-the-dog retrieval.


Remember that Striped Bass are spooky fish so stop your big engine away from your fishing spot, then use your trolling motor to go in quietly. You will be amazed at how this helps your fishing on Norfork Lake.


Until next time happy fishing and come visit us at Hummingbird Hideaway Resort.

No comments:

Post a Comment