Sunday, April 4, 2010

Norfork Lake Fishing Report


Happy Easter to all.
Here is another happy couple that had a successful fishing trip on Norfork Lake. Jim & Joann fished with Robert Lee of Lee's Lite Line a striper guide on Norfork Lake. They ended up landing these 3 nice striped bass and over 8 Largemouth and Kentucky bass. The black bass were all given their freedom to be caught another day. Two of the stripers are headed to the frying pan. The third (largest) striper, caught by Joann, (figures the wife get the biggest one) is going to become a wall mount. The fish were caught on live shad back in the Bennett's area yesterday morning.
I fished last evening. I didn't get on the lake until about 8PM and arrived back at the dock around midnight. I had a fantastic evening. I was pitching a bone colored rogue and a rogue with purple on top, chartreuse on the sides and a white belly. I caught and lost equal amounts of fish with each. I ended up landing 5 stripers, 2 hybrids and a white bass. I fished the Cranfield area first then headed to the Bidwell area around 10PM. I caught and lost more fish in the Cranfield area, but they were smaller than the fish in the Bidwell area. My largest fish was 11.5 pounds the rest were all under 9 pounds. All fish were released after being weighed.
That is all the new news that I have for you today. There is just not enough hours in the day to fish all that I want to and also do all the work around the resort. I want (NEED) to start fishing the morning bite. I have heard there is some top water action starting early. It is just a little difficult for me to work during the day, fish til midnight and get up early enough for the morning fishing! I'm just not as young as I used to be.
The Norfork Lake level is rising slowly with the rain we had the other day and currently sits at 555.64 above sea level. The is 3.64 ft above normal pool. One to two generators are being run throughout the day. The lake surface water temperature was at 56 degrees last evening. The main lake is clear and coves are clearing.
Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment