Sunday, April 5, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

I went out fishing last evening on Norfork Lake with two semi novices to fishing and definitely novices to night fishing. It was a comedy of errors. My daughter caught the big B'ass of the night. Her friend got in the boat and proceeded to sit in the seat my daughter told him to. When we arrived at the fishing site he stood up and started clanking. Low and behold there was a rogue attached to his back side. My daughter couldn't stop laughing so I had to get out my trusty knife and pliers and get the hooks out of his sweat pants. That was fun!! No blood. Next on his first cast (he is used to pitching side arm) he hooked my daughter's life vest. I knew at that time is was going to be a funny and long night. We finally got to start fishing and all of us were getting strikes but no hook ups. I think the little ones were having fun playing around with us. My daughter finally caught a smallmouth, but that was it for the evening except for making 6 trips to the bank to retrieve lures in the trees.

It looks like it is going to be too windy and cold the next two nights or mornings to fish, so I won't be out for a while. If I get any good, credible insight I will pass it on. I have friends and guide friends that are fishing daily and we all share fishing info.

Happy fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment