Sunday, April 19, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Good Morning all. For the past two nights the Norfork Lake night bite has slowed (stalled) for striper fishing. I have been out the last 2 evenings and not one striper bite. Due to the potential bad weather I have only traveled to the Cranfield area and have not tried any new areas. One of our guests is fishing the same area with the same results, but they have been catching keeper size walleye at night. (not me!) The walleye bite is slow, but they are catching several a night. I talked to or heard about 3 different guides (live bait) and they all had a very difficult day Saturday. I guess due to the changing weather patterns and changing barometric pressure it slowed the bite for all fishing for striped bass. The forecast for next week is fantastic looking at this time. Warmer consistent temperatures and no rain.

Our guest that is fishing the night bite is also doing good catching crappie and bass in the mornings. They have been using road runners with good success. They are fishing the brush piles that I have placed in Norfork Lake over the years. I talked with a basscat boat owner yesterday morning who was fishing around my dock and he states that the largemouth bass are currently sitting on their beds. They spotted many spawning bass. Haven't heard anything about the smallmouth. Yesterday I spotted at least 5 very large largemouth swimming under my dock during the day.

The lake is slowly rising and currently sitting at 552.7, with no generation. Water temp last evening was 56 degrees and steady. The water is still clear with a little stain back in the creeks and coves due to the current rain.

Well that's it for the fishing info, but another exciting bit of news, the hummingbirds are back. We spotted our first hummingbird yesterday. That always means spring is finally here.

Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment