Friday, April 17, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

If you are looking for a great fishing experience or just some peace and quiet, come visit us at Hummingbird Hideaway Resort your Ozark Mountain vacation destination.

I fished Norfork Lake last evening (as my wife would say) again. Maybe I shouldn't be doing this blog as some are going to see how often I actually fish. It wasn't as productive as the previous evening, but I still caught fish. I was fishing along a bluff line outside of the Cranfield area and the fish started to explode around me. I had rogues tied on so I started casting into the blow-ups. I got into a mess of white bass. It was a lot of fun and actually lasted for about an hour. I think I ended up with 6 whites and 3 largemouth. Again the largemouth were on the small size. The whites were all in the 1.5 - 2 pound range. Pound for pound they are one great fighting fish.

Once it got dark I moved to a point and started casting rogues for walleye and striper. Here the bite was slow. Finally at about 9:30PM I hooked into a striper. It weighed about 7 pounds. I fished for a while longer and got nothing so I decided to call it a day. I had put everything back so had no fish to clean. I was able to surprise Linda by getting home so early!

The lake level has risen slightly to 552.6, not much generation in the last 24hrs. The water temp has seemed to stabilize in the mid 50's and is finally starting to rise slowly. Water clarity is clear, clear.

The BassCat Invitational Tournament is coming up at the end of this month. To those bass fishermen and women, you should have a fantastic time fishing this year. Be prepared to catch a lot of fish, the lake is just filled with them. The bass seem to be starting to stage for their spawn. I have been seeing quite a few of keeper size fish swimming the shoreline and under our dock. I have caught many keeper size over the last two weeks and many more undersize. For me crank baits have been working. I have talked to some local fishermen and they are fishing plastics with a lot of success.

See you all on the lake and happy fishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment