Thursday, November 26, 2009

Norfork Lake Fishing Report

Happy Thanksgiving. Hope you had a great day of family fun and relaxation and of course lots of food.

I fished for about an hour and a half Wednesday afternoon and then again this afternoon. I caught 10 nice size white bass on Wednesday and 8 more today, all in 40 - 42 feet of water. I was vertical jigging with a spoon. I didn't go far, in fact I didn't even crank my engine over. I used my trolling motor and stayed close to our dock.

The striped bass are being caught all over the lake from coves to creeks to the main channel. The fish seem to have settled into their winter pattern. I guess the high water either messed up the fall top water bite or else it is just late. All of my stripers and most of the reports on stripers being caught are at this end of the lake. Fish from Robinson area back to Bennett's and also up the river past Cranfield.

Norfork Lake is clear with the creeks and coves still stained. The Norfork Lake water temp was 59 degrees this afternoon. The lake level is falling slowly and sits at 570.68. The weather looks great for the next week, even if it is going to be a little bit cool for a few of the mornings.

Happy fishing and see you on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment